Mackenzie & I sing a little song when Presley has a dirty diaper. It goes... yeah yeah you stinky yeah yeah Presley's stinky! So when you ask Presley what she is doing as she is squating in the corner she says, "yeah yeah". I say, "are you stinky?" She says with a smile, "yeah yeah".
My mom was in town several weeks ago and had been around our neighbor Jackson. She told Mackenzie, Oh you need to marry that Jackson, he is pretty cute!" The other day Mackenzie was sitting at the dinner table and said, "Marmi thinks I should marry Jackson, and Jake really wants to marry me. Hmmm, I really have to think about this. Which one am I going to marry?"
While Mackenzie was praying she asked God to keep her safe from T-Rexes and volcanos that might erupt in Highlands Ranch.
We went to the Body Worlds exhibit at the Museum of Nature & Science. It was full of cadavers that were frozen in certain movements. Mackenzie said, "is this where angels leave their bones when they go to heaven?"
Mackenzie was staying with my cousin while Kevin and I were out of town. She told Mandi, "you put your boobie holder on different than my mommy does." I've never heard her call it a booby holder but I like it!!
Mackenzie asked me today, "mommy can you marry me?" as she was snuggling up in my lap. So sweet it made my heart melt!
As we were driving down the road there were some ducks crossing the road. I told Mackenzie to look at the ducks. She said, "Mom those are not ducks. They are geese. Ducks are yellow". She sounded so sure about that that she made me question my knowledge of birds!
Mackenzie was helping me put Presley to bed. I said, "should we say a quick prayer for Presley?" Mackenzie replied, "yes I will go first then you mommy". She continued with her eyes closed, " Dear Jesus, I pledge allegiance to Jesus, (she rambled on several sweet things that I unfortunately can't remember), you appreciate me so much Jesus, and you love me and Presley so much Jesus, The End".
Mackenzie said that she didn't want to take a bath tonight. Then a few minutes later she replied, "actually I think I do need a bath because I tooted a lot today!"
As I was making a calzone for dinner Kevin said put more cheese. I said, "don't you mean more calories?" Mackenzie said, "I like cheese and caleronis". She meant pepperoni.
I had my annual cookie exchange at our house, and I let Mackenzie have 2 cookies. She ate them down in the basement with her dad. When I went up to kiss her goodnight in her room there was a half eaten cookie in her bed. I asked her where it came from. She sat there for a really long time and finally said, "my elf brought it to me". Not sure how she smuggled it up there but she knew to blame it on someone else. Even if it was an elf!
Mackenzie complimented me on how clean my bathroom was. I told her, "thank you I just cleaned it." She said, "but your closet is a mess maybe you should get to work on that while I am at school tomorrow!"
0 comments:
Post a Comment