When I was leaving the outlet malls my car started making a horrible noise. I felt like one of my biggest fears was coming true. I always worry about my car breaking down when I have both kids with me. I drove it about 1 mile to a grease monkey while people starred at the strange siren noised car coming down the road. I got 3 stories from 3 different people at grease monkey. Story 1: your power steering fluid is leaking from somewhere. It was completely drained. I would call the VW dealership and ask if they think it is safe to drive or if you should have it towed. Story 2: well we replaced the power steering fluid. If you want to drive it around for the day and finish your errands then just bring it back so we can top it off if it makes that noise again. Story 3: The guys in the garage said it looked like a rabbit got ahold of the fluid hose. I wonder if it was a rat. They do like to get up in your undercarriage.
Seriously???
Who do I believe? So I decided to try my luck and drive home. That way Kevin can deal with it later. I got about 8 miles and the sirens returned. I made it another 5 miles home and saw a huge puddle of fluid under my car.
As the quotes role in to fix my beautiful VW SUV (just 2000 miles out of warranty) that I wanted so badly, I have learned another life lesson. Never buy a foreign car that was designed by Porsche. Not that this is the 1st time I have learned this lesson. The $4500 brake job at the beginning of the year really sealed the deal!!
Seriously???
Who do I believe? So I decided to try my luck and drive home. That way Kevin can deal with it later. I got about 8 miles and the sirens returned. I made it another 5 miles home and saw a huge puddle of fluid under my car.
As the quotes role in to fix my beautiful VW SUV (just 2000 miles out of warranty) that I wanted so badly, I have learned another life lesson. Never buy a foreign car that was designed by Porsche. Not that this is the 1st time I have learned this lesson. The $4500 brake job at the beginning of the year really sealed the deal!!




0 comments:
Post a Comment